Tuesday 4 June 2013

Keeping on

Yesterday was a bit of a challenge as I tried to get a lot done but had to work around bear.  Today I had a lot of things planned to make up for it.

I had a really bad night, so I was unimpressed crawling out of my pit at 7.30am.  This is really late for bear, who had worn himself out yesterday, so it was as well I had got everything ready the night before.  I didn't get my walk as I had forgotten to take bear's sports kit in with us, so I had to dash home and drop it in the office.  After I had emptied dehumidifiers and put in a wash I remembered that I needed to pick up stuff for rice salad tonight, so dashed out.  I bumped into the mum of bear's bestest friend (or his worst enemy, depending on the last five minutes) and had a really long (lovely) chat.  That put me behind.  I dashed back, caught up with darling uncle which took me a long time to get away from, then got some washing hung out, a gammon joint in the slow cooker to have cold tomorrow and some more washing out.

I have just managed to get some online shopping done and now I will dash down and try and do the amount of ironing that I should have spent all day on.  I am pleased as now I have the sweaters for bear for next school year.  M&S usually do a 20% off school uniform around now so I purchased six which I hope will take him through the year.  I also picked up a jacket for me.  This felt very indulgent, but I am hoping that it will balance the fleece jacket I have and keep me going for a while - at least three or four years.  I used a gift card which I had had sitting there for some time and I didn't want to lose the money.  I already have the shirts for next year from Matalan and I will be getting his trousers from there.  I have found them very good, but they don't do the v necked sweaters bear likes.

Anyway, off to cook the rice for the salad.  My joints are very bad today, but I am optimistic that I can get a lot done.


No comments: