Sunday 30 June 2013

I love bear



Bear has had a busy weekend.  Yesterday he visited my uncle in Wales, managed to bump his head and be sick in the playground of a garden centre (fine now, no hint of a problem) and came away with @ twenty books.  The books were on offer as it looked like the garden centre were closing a previously well stocked book corner.  Bear insisted that I buy him a book on English designed for 10-11 year olds.  He is six.  He made quite a good fist of the few examples that he checked in the shop to persuade me to buy it for him (79p instead of £2.99), but while he could have a good go I suspect I may straggle behind.  Fortunately the answers are in the back.

Today bear entered a sparring competition.  Sparring is not bear's natural way.  He usually tries a smile to get what he wants.  BUT HE WON GOLD!  I am so proud of him.  The trophy will be on my mantelpiece for the foreseeable future.  He has also complained about the inadequate level of cuddles he is getting.  In fact he was keeping a tally today.  I'm seeing that as a fun challenge.

Finally tonight he went to sleep in a card board box in his bedroom.  I am not exactly sure about the cardboard box, it is huge, from Approved Food, and he can almost lie down in it but his feet stick out.  DH says it is impossible to move him without waking him and has covered him with a blanket.  There has been sun today and it is 22 degrees on the landing which is cooler than his room so I am not too worried.  It is a sort of adventure.

I know it is normal stuff for a six year old, but I just love him to pieces.

No comments: