Friday 27 November 2009

Feel low

I just had a phone call - they are not discharging little bear from speech therapy after all. They want to monitor his sentence development.

I did say that his favourite phrase was 'Jon do it' and he repeatedly used three words and the therapist was saying how positive he was in using two word constructions.

Of course I said yes, but I do question why. He will be going back in a few months time.

They should have witnessed the heated and in depth discussion very early this morning when I was trying to convince him to stay in bed.

3 comments:

J's Mummy said...

Don't lose heart hun. Jack went for a year to speech therapy and for the last 3 months I was convinced they were going to discharge him. What more could they teach him? Every fortnight we came out and he had learnt a new sound or way to say something and yet every fortnight I was upset he wasn't discharged.Eventually the timecame where she said she didn't need to see him anymore. Jack cried because he liked going and playing the games so much!

Wannabe Sybil said...

Jack's Mummy - that is the frustrating thing! He isn't getting speech therapy. He is being seen at three month intervals to be assessed by a speech therapist who will say, 'well, he's doing really well, but we'll see him again in three months time just to be sure.' It will be some time after Christmas when it will be a four bus round trip to have them say, 'he seems to be doing well...'

But yes, he cried when he had to leave the toys. lol. And thank you for the support. I really appreciate it. WS x

J's Mummy said...

I understand that frustration because for the 1st 6 months that is the kind of thing they did with us. "Look at these pictures Jack and tell me what they are" - Jack's answer "no". He knew what they were he didn't want to tell her. LOL