Monday 30 November 2009

One thousand a day

I have started yet another novel. Not exactly sure how it ends, but I am confident I shall enjoy the journey. So far I have written 5147 words, mostly in the right order, and I am hoping to do one thousand words a day.

The writing is really helping my 'nerves'. A few weeks ago I was in a really bad state, but being able to write is making a huge difference. I shall post here on word count, and occasional dilemmas but I won't put too much in. You see, I know on the net there are places where I can publish on the internet only for free. So when I have finished this I will publish it there for anyone who is interested and I will try not to give too much away.

Of course, the target of one thousand words a day does rather depend on little bear's co-operation, but I am optimistic. One thousand words may sound a lot, but I have been timed touch typing at 63 words per minute when I was being slow to be accurate, and that means that if I don't use the back space much, don't try and work out exactly how to describe something, don't get stuck on an idea and don't have to spend ages looking back to see if I had described a character's eyes as blue or brown then one thousand words should take just over 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I am looking forward to reading the novel already! Keep up the good work and do let us know where to find it when it is complete, please!

Morgan
x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Of course I shall let you know where I put it - my ego would never allow me to do less. And it's 6150 words now!

Thank you for the support. WS x