Wednesday 25 November 2009

Spending again

Well, actually I haven't, but I can see it coming on. Little bear tried to scale the north face of the television, for mischief and to reach the monitor at the top. The television wasn't the best model in the world, and it is somewhat elderly. The sound is particularly poor as it used to belong to a late, deaf, great uncle. He had it on VERY LOUD and I think the not very good to start with sound took rather a battering. It is also very large and very heavy. I remember a news story about a poor toddler being killed by a falling television.

So I shall be wandering around the internet looking for the cheapest possible thin televisions, bottom of the range and not these 42 inch things. I shall try and hold out until the sales. I do worry, however, and little bear is full of energy at the moment. I daren't blink!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

We bought a smallish Tesco own-brand one (Technika) and it works perfectly - and it has an integrated DVD player and Freeview, so no more extra boxes and wires cluttering the place up. And clubcard points too!

Wannabe Sybil said...

That sounds like a good plan! I shall have a look!

I am not very fussy about the tv, as long as it is relatively safe for little bear. I don't think there are any absolutes with him and safety however, lol.

Thanks for the tip, though, love WSx

Morgan said...

The best thing about the flat screen ones like this is that one can buy a bracket so that it can be attached to the wall - safer than it being on a table when you have a little bear in the house!

Wannabe Sybil said...

That is something definitely to consider. Currently it would need furniture rearranging, but with little bear I think that may be a worth while exercise lol

Also, Technika looks great, Tesco own brand tv. I shall investigate further and refer to dear heart. WS x