Tuesday 29 December 2009

Happy Birthday

Little bear is three years old today...

... and there were lots of presents! So far nothing has beaten the orange pumpkin bucket for trick or treating still being worn on the head as a helmet, but some things have come close.

He had books, which were marvellous, a phonics game which he played full volume while watching Barney (who I have come to loathe) and one of the most complicated wooden 'Build a Tractor' things that I have ever seen - described as 3+.

He hasn't had his birthday cake yet. Despite being exhausted, over excited and generally all in he refused any hint of nap this afternoon and we barely managed to get his favourite pizza down him before dragging him off to bed.

Birthday cake for breakfast?

He is growing up so fast, I can see more and more a little boy when I look at him. And he misses so little. I was singing 'ten fat sausages' and when I got to the bit where there were eight and one went pop and the other went bang, he interrupted. 'Seven.' he insisted. He is used to all the rhymes that go down by ones, and he wasn't being done out of a verse. All attempts to show him on my fingers that eight less two is six were futile.

I can just tell, he is going to be the sort that will complain about a smorgasbord because they left the tops of the sandwiches off.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Happy Birthday Little Bear!

Sounds like he has had a busy day, but you are only three once so I guess you have to make the most of it!

Morgan
xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you - he certainly did make the most of it! WS x