Tuesday 15 December 2009

Keeping up appearances

Little bear loves his nursery. He complains when he doesn't go and sometimes has to be dragged out of there. No, I am not exaggerating and it is quite literal. They have lots of exciting toys. Sometimes if I pick him up a little later then all the little ones are in one room, often one with different toys that little bear hasn't explored and he deeply and bitterly resents any attempt to prevent him from playing.

I thought it would be appropriate to buy a smallish box of Roses or a large quantity of something like grapes for the workers. However under the tree the parents have already started depositing large tins of chocs for the staff.

I need to keep up with the other parents for little bear's sake, I suppose, but I had hoped that this sort of competition and standards would hold off for a little longer.

Edited to add - I think I will not go down the silly large box of chocs, they must have enough to open a shop at the end of it. I think I shall take in some fruit for them, I am sure I can find a suitable basket/bowl. Deary me

No comments: