Friday 18 December 2009

Hot and Cold

I have had the heating on today, as little bear has had a much needed nap in his room, and he can't be trusted with a heater. I really try and keep the heating down, there is no overall thermostat and I can't seem to get the radiators to adjust properly. Sigh.

So while he napped I had some time on the computer, and was treated to the wonderful sight of all the melted snow falling from our roof. It is so frustrating. Effectively we are heating the roof. But we don't have any access to the roof space/loft to put in insulation.

Having no access is not a bad thing - at one point one of the locals who lived in this block of eight used to go up into the roof space via one attic and dip into the other houses. This was normally to avoid the police callers at the door. I do not believe anything went missing, but it is quite a dispiriting thought.

Little bear refuses to wear a sweater, and I am refusing to coddle him too much in case it tempts him to put another layer on. He is complete distraught at the suggestion of a vest as well. And hats, and gloves, even walking back from nursery in the snow.

No comments: