Tuesday 29 December 2009

HOW much?!! (Again)

Darling father reads the Daily Mail and kindly passed me a supplement.

One of the fashion pages had an outfit that cost £8,550. Or a brand new car, from a small car range. It would pay for a sizeable chunk of a Chelsea Tractor.

Somehow I could cope with this. These were not clothes I aspired to (I thought the model looked gothically ridiculous) and if you have the money, well I suppose you can look like you were looking for an eighties video to appear in if you wanted.

What really upset me were the tights featured. They had boots for nearly £1300, £1200 for a dress - I could understand that. But at the bottom of the list of items were tights - £39. Who the hell buys tights for £39? Seriously? I mean, surely there is always a risk of a run, ladder or snag, even if you are in a roller and not the number 39 bus? How could anyone spend what I would consider a reasonable price for a skirt or top that I expected to last on tights?

And what was worse, they were awful! Even if you had Kate Moss legs they were not flattering. Normal legs would look like they were part of the upholstery! Dots and twirls - I wouldn't give them house room if they were 99p for five, and I bet you can only wear them once!

Dearie dearie me!

3 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

Happy birthday to Little Bear

Sue @ Smiffy's Blog said...

Happy Birthday to Little Bear. My own Little bear has his birthday on Boxing Day, poor love has to wait a whole year for Xmas & Birthday too but what can you do...apart from be like the Queen and have 2 birthdays I suppose! Sue x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

smiffy66 - I think I may try and ration him in future years and get him presents for a 'bonus day' in June lol as it is ridiculous. And June is just before the school holidays so lots of 'making' stuff...

WS x