Thursday 3 December 2009

Pardon? Also dear heart is a hero

Little bear had to go for a hearing test this morning. So it was a full on no holds barred cage fighting get dressed, force breakfast in crumb by crumb, ration toys he is taking with us, and dive out of the house.

Of course little bear is as good as gold on the bus. Of course he is as good as gold at the bus stop. Then we had to change buses (two buses to get to the clinic). I left my bag on the bus.

So little bear and I were stranded at a bus stop in the rain with no ticket and no money. We did have a bag with a panda and a frog umbrella so we were not entirely without resources and a small frog bar was available to sustain little bear. And of course we had an appointment due. Fortunately I still had my mobile in my pocket, so I cuddled little bear, who was really well behaved apart from refusing to wear gloves, and rang - the bus company who 'put out a shout', and the clinic, who are sending another appt, and dear heart, who came from an hour away and rescued us. He was completely a hero and I was desperately grateful.

And the lovely driver not only kept my bag and gave it to me when the bus next came near my house, but also refused to take any money off me for a drink. I want to say that he was, I think, Polish and absolutely wonderful. All my experiences with the Polish have been good, but he was lovely. I could have hugged him! And he was really lovely to little bear who struggled to get on the bus without relinquishing his frog umbrella.

Also dear heart's boss was so good to let dear heart come, find me, watch little bear as I got my bag and then go back to work as dear heart must have been away nearly three hours and they are extremely busy.

No comments: