Saturday 26 December 2009

I am happy

I am happy, it is Christmas and I am happy.

Little bear has just had some child Kaolin for a dire rear. Dear heart's flu symptoms are beginning to ebb. Evil cat gave me a non destructive cuddle and didn't try and attack me when I was ironing. Darling father is being a star looking after little bear. And whisky.

Little bear's list of presents grows apace. I have already written some thank you notes. Regrettably he is now convinced a never ending stream of presents should be heading his way. I am not impressed. He is shattered, over excited and lacking quiet time and threw the most amazing tantrum in front of dear heart and darling father. The last time he threw a real tantrum was just before he went down with a vile cough, so I am fearing the worst. I think the roof will fall in if I fail to take him to nursery when due, but they forbid little ones with dire rear, and as babies are present that is understandable.

After dragging him bodily up the stairs and fighting through a screaming fit at the absence of a toy axe he then gave me the most gorgeous smile as he calmed down temporarily, but then went back to fury when he realised that I was not allowing him to sneak out from his room again.

And yet he is still having the most lovely moments, even in the midst of the temper. I am such a soft mum.

Actually, after a relatively uneventful bedtime, I feel really content.

No comments: