Thursday 21 May 2009

Ebay is not my friend

I have been spending on ebay. I am now looking at the 'won' bit and looking very ruefully at the 'spent' total.

All of it seemed a good idea at the time. The material for curtains for little bear's room - lighter weight than the last lot - together with curtain tape and cotton (I can't believe I matched 'pale apricot' material with the right cotton on ebay, so lucky) and of course the new curtain hooks. Then dear heart knelt on a week point in the slat of a put up bed, which rather collapsed. So we looked at the chances of us actually performing the easy repair (arrange a replacement slat) and bought a new one. Then little bear showed even more fascination for the Numberjacks, so he got some little books and a dvd (or two...). And then I got some plants and father's day presents... And the drawer locks with little bear in mind...

One of the items came wrapped in a paper napkin and then an outer layer consisting of packing tape and a recycled holiday brochure. I think I shall give high stars for this, the postage charged was only a small amount over the cost of the actual postage and I do approve of recycling materials.

I think I shall have to watch spending. I may have a little potter on selling if I can find anything to sell. I shall consider carefully. This morning I noticed that some knitted Christmas decorations were on sale. I cannot feel that selling Christmas decorations in May is hitting the top of the market.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I know what you mean - my husband has been selling and I have been spending! Good that we share a Paypal account....

Morgan

Wannabe Sybil said...

Dear heart could sign into my ebay account and see the totals, but bless him, he hasn't. He has just seen the stuff arriving - box, after box, after box...

He is very good about it, though.

WS