Tuesday 26 May 2009

I know why it is quiet

The people behind have indeed moved out.

I hope they have found somewhere nice, but from having spoken to them, they do seem to make a habit of falling out with neighbours. I suspect that the very nice lady will soon find that her kids are once again completely misunderstood. To be fair, the kids were always polite to me and I was never sworn at, but I think that they didn't always understand how noisy they were. I think that they were nice people who kept getting it wrong.

When we moved in to this house the people behind used to be almost silent (except the lady of the house used to finish hoovering at 6am) but since then the house has had some remarkable tenants. The best ones from our point of view, with the least noise and disruption, were later accused by the landlord of dealing drugs, but what we heard didn't seem to bear that out. Of course, I have no idea what drug dealers would sound like, but I suspect unpaid rent may have clouded the issue.

So, now we wait to find out who is going to move in next. We have had some truly awful people living there, and although the last lot were not too bad (if you didn't mind the noise and the fighting), our expectations are not high.

I suspect, from some of the noise, that they have removed the kitchen, which they installed. I would be more sympathetic to any other landlord, but from experience I don't think he will rush to make good his property. Which begs the question, what sort of people will rent a house without a kitchen? Because that is who is likely to be moving in behind us.

No comments: