Wednesday 27 May 2009

Numbers

Little bear loves the Numberjacks. I must accept, reluctantly, that all the counting of toes, the number rhymes, the counting of steps up and down are nothing compared to animated numbers saving the world from Spooky Spoon and the Problem Blob.

Actually I am quite happy to indulge, as I am being woken up in the morning by little bear counting, he is counting as he is going to sleep and on the changing mat the best way to keep him still is to repeatedly count to ten with him.

Well, I thought I would print out some of the 'print out and colour' sheets from the Cbeebies website, and I started with the Numberjacks. Little bear thought it was the most marvellous thing ever. First he would point to the screen. Then he would watch me click and then he would practically vibrate with excitement as the printer produced - a cartoon of the number four, which he thought was brilliant. Then he would go away with his trophy and add a swirl of crayon, and then back, insistently pointing again.

I'm going to start saving junk mail for the printer. I think it is going to get a lot of use

No comments: