Wednesday 20 May 2009

Little bear is caught black handed

This happened a week or so ago, but I thought I would record it here, just to say.

Honestly, I had merely stepped downstairs to put in some oven chips, barely a blink. I promise I do not make a habit of leaving little bear abandoned to his own devices - bitter experience!

I came back up and little bear was holding a sort of egg shaped pen, designed for 18 months plus, roughly in the shape of an ovoid penguin. It is not meant to have a top or lid, merely an extra thick plug at the top which has to be walloped onto the paper to get the ink to flow.

Little bear had removed the plug. With his teeth. He looked like a coal miner, even his gums were black! And his face. And his hands. And some interesting hand print shaped patterns on the sofa, tv cabinet, chair, safety gate...

That was not the worst, however. The black gunk around the room was lovely and washable and little bear was pink and adorable quite quickly. Regrettably he had ingested a considerable amount of ink. And the ink had not stayed black as it had travelled through his system. I defy any mother not to blink when confronted with a vivid bottle green nappy. An acidic, unmistakably non natural bottle green nappy. Fortunately the only ill effects were my brief shock before I remembered his previous day's exploits.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LB sounds so cute! Glad to see the blog up and running again WS.xxx

Zip.

Morgan said...

We had the same experience with some black icing used to make a ladybird birthday cake....bit of a shock until you remember, as you say!

Fantastic blog, glad to have found it as it saves me trawling the Daily thread looking for your posts. You should write a book!

Morgan

Wannabe Sybil said...

I feel so flattered that you are glad to see my blog.

I shall keep it coming, little bear permitting. I never, ever make anything up about him but sometimes I wish I needed to lol.

Thank you for your nice comments - I feel like I have been hugged!

Sybil

Unknown said...

Thing is I believe every word ! Going to grab some tea and read the rest of your postings. It really is great to see you blogging and getting back into it! x