Thursday 28 May 2009

Samson

Yesterday afternoon little bear insisted that I took him for a walk. I could not ignore the reins (best invention in the world!) and coat insistently presented to me. So out we went. Little bear was quite undaunted by the light rain and set off at a run.

We took some bread to see if there were any ducks to feed. There were none. Nor were there sparrows or pigeons or anything. It was all very dispiriting, and probably due to the weather. We did see some pretty flowers. Little bear thinks pretty flowers a poor comparison to ducks.

On the way back I looked at little bear. I had been thinking it was time for a haircut, and the barber shop was empty so in we went.

We go to a proper barbers with little bear, the one that dear heart patronises. Dear heart has been going to the place for some time, it has been established for over fifteen years. Well, the lady there is not chatty but she is marvellous with little ones.

It is perhaps as well that the lady is wonderful with little ones. Little bear did not want his hair cut, it was fine as it was, thank you, mother, and could I stop the nice lady messing around near his ears. He cried, he wiggled, he struggled and objected. I got covered in hair, teddy got covered in hair - and little kept rubbing his mouth with his hand and getting hair in his mouth. The lady was patience itself and gave him a lollipop at the end, which I was not sure he had earned.

But he looks so much the little lad now, I am even more besotted than ever.

2 comments:

Tryingmybest said...

I'm lucky - G has always adored having the opportunity to admire himself in the mirror for 15 minutes! Whata about a photo then?

Wannabe Sybil said...

Little bear is vaguely interested in the mirror, but does not approve, in the strongest terms, of having his hair fiddled with.

G is gorgeous though, I can't blame him for looking in the mirror.