Friday 22 May 2009

It's quiet - too quiet!

I am not sure what is going on with those at the back. I am sure there is something. But what? I am dreadful, I am terribly bad at twitching curtains and keeping tabs, but deep down I love gossip. Gossip is not good. Then again, neither is chocolate in the quantity I consume.

I think, and this is all conjecture, that the teenage sons of the house got themselves into a bit of bother last time darling father visited as there was lots of shouts and yells and people running up and down outside the house waving golf clubs and yelling things like, 'come on then!' with what looked like rage. Or fear, as I heard that the three young lads tried to take on a bar full of men. This is probably a learning experience.

Well, I then saw them talking to the nice man next door, looking extremely stressed. This is quite a development as they had previously set on the young man of the house.

Then yesterday I noticed that all the fences that they had put up had been taken down and that there was no sign of the akita or the rottweiler. The dogs are incredibly well behaved and well looked after, but a little off putting.

Yesterday there was only noise around 9pm - woke up little bear - with lots of banging and swearing. There is normally lots of noise all day, usually banging and swearing. There has been no noise that I noticed so far today.

Dear heart hopes that they haven't gone, because we have had worse neighbours, but then he is not kept awake by them on a Sunday night. I don't know what the family does on a Sunday but I don't think it includes a Prayer meeting. All noise stops at 11.55pm. Though Marilyn Manson at 11.45pm at full blast is not conducive to sleep.

I'm not really on visiting terms with them, so I can't really pop round for a cup of gossip, although I tried to be pleasant. I can't bear to speak to the landlord of the property as the way he has conducted business has made our lives so much worse. They didn't make as many friends as perhaps they could, due to riding noisy motorbikes at all hours and fighting in clumps so there is a restricted group I could ask.

I shall have to keep an ear out for further developments.

No comments: