Thursday 10 September 2009

Boops!

Little bear is upstairs, hot, tired and very cross. I am sitting here with my heart breaking and no idea what to do for the best.

His nappy leaked, so I took him upstairs and when I lifted his leg to pull off his boop there was an unpleasant trickle - he had filled his boops, or at least one of them.

I took the boops, rinsed them out, sprayed them and left them to drain in the bathroom. I thought this a moderate reaction. I then went back into his room and tried to put on his old boops.

Little bear would not tolerate this, they were old boops and he wanted his new ones. But the new ones are still upside down in the bath, and he is inconsolable. I feel like the worst mum in the world, because there is nothing I can do and he need his nap, and I keep thinking that he is sleeping but after a pause there will be more wails of unhappiness and invocations to pandy and it is all wrong and just when I am about to go up... all goes quiet again.

2 comments:

J's Mummy said...

LB has just learnt that life isn't always fair. It will happen alot more. There is nothing you can do when they get that upset, if you try to talk to them they get worse, hug them they get worse, look at them they get worse. With my DS the best thing I can do is leave him alone wherever he has gone off to to wail.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Bless you - I think you are absolutely right. Eventually he started singing, then all was blissfully silent...

I am sure I won't get used to it, but perhaps better prepared.

Love WS x