Monday 7 September 2009

Little bear has been to a party

I am so proud of little bear, of course. One of the things I am proud of is his placid nature. Now, this may not sit well with my descriptions of wild chases to get him to a napping position, but he is a very placid child. He doesn't get upset by new things, he just weighs it all up and then acts how he wants. He doesn't do stress, and I have no idea where he got that from.

The soft play party we went to on Saturday was a case in point. Little bear was so much at ease with all the strangers round, and then he saw the play area - I didn't get a chance, he was off! A lot of the things there he hadn't seen before, like a ball pool and a huge slide, at least twenty feet high, with lots of bumps on the way down. There were strange arrangements of holes and crawl ways and tunnels, all carefully enclosed with nets etc. There were trampolines. In the middle of all the kids, there was little bear, clutching his toy panda.

At one point he came hurtling back and had some juice, then just waved casually to us and was back to the trampolines.

I think the highlight for me was my not yet three year old son, coming down a huge slide that he had never seen before, with a huge grin on his face, using his panda as a cushion.

No comments: