Wednesday 30 September 2009

What I did on my holiday Part 8

Day Six - Wednesday

We went to Whitby. It is twenty minutes by car. Dear heart and darling father had set their hearts on going by steam train. It was an hour and a half each way. 'Don't worry,' darling father told me. 'Little bear will be fine.'

Of course I made certain preparations. I had some small toys stashed to be brought out if he was fractious. I had juice. I had milky bars. But little bear was actually quite good, brumming little toy cars around and watching out of the window. It was a pleasant journey. Then out to Whitby.

First stop was fish & chips - you cannot go to Whitby and not have fish & chips on the front except.. The tide was in, the sea was quite choppy and the drizzle was unrelenting. So once again we tested little bear's fortitude and went into a restaurant where he had to sit still - and he did! I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant, they were so nice to little bear, and the food was fantastic. Dear heart watched darling father ordered the pensioner's fish & chips and asked if he could have the same. They were happy to do so, even if dear heart is somewhat off retirement age (actually quite a bit and gorgeous with it) and dear heart was quite happy at the portion in front of him. The normal portions were, well, whale like in proportion.

Then we pootled round Whitby in the pouring drizzle until the train home. Little bear was once again fine. I didn't need most of my emergency supplies. He had a very early night, however.

We were all still too full from the fish and chips to bother with anything for dinner.

1 comment:

J's Mummy said...

I see the weather in Whitby was the smae as usual when I go LOL