Tuesday 1 September 2009

Tired little bear

Little bear has been green nosed again. I am resigned to this being the state of things until he is around eight or nine. It has left him needing naps.

Little bear has reached a wonderful age where he really does need a nap, but doesn't want to have a nap. Last week was a case in point. He was ricocheting round the living room, rolling around horizontally and generally giving all the signs of acute nap deprivation. So up we go to the bedroom, change the nappy, cuddle, then I go to the loo. When I come out he is desperately begging for a drink 'dink! dink!'. So down we come.

He has two sips of juice and then is once again hurtling round. I try some fruit in case he is hungry (he ignores it, of course) and then I fight him upstairs, twice in the spare room, drag him off the curtains (who else has jam on their bedroom curtains?) round the bathroom and finally into his room. Blessed peace reigns...

...for fifteen minutes, when he wakes disconsolate. For some reason he is sitting on the side of the bed with a sock over his hand, absolutely distraught. So he has an industrial sized cuddle and comes downstairs, lots of fuss and a little more juice before he is trying to brain me with a stuffed ladybird. So once again the epic performance of upstairs, drag him off evil cat, drag him off the curtains, nearly have kittens as he plays silly sausage on the top of the stairs and finally he is in his room and exhausted. Peace once again reigns...

...for twenty minutes this time. Once again he is beside himself with woe - sitting on the edge of his bed with a sock on his hand. I have no idea why. But another industrial sized cuddle follows, with another trip downstairs (each trip up or down stairs is accompanied by at least three stuffed toys) and this time a finger of fudge before back upstairs - even he is too exhausted to put up much resistance, I scour the room for socks and confiscate them and he finally naps for three hours.

He may be getting the naps, but I fervently believe it is me that needs them more!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Glad to have you back posting :-) I was wondering if you were OK!

Morgan
x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Changed meds again - getting by.

Really appreciate the thought, I feel like I have had a hug.

Love WS x