Tuesday 29 September 2009

What I did on my holiday Part 5

Day Four - Monday

I raced down the hill to Pickering and picked up some lovely minted lamb burgers from the local butchers, and scoured Pickering for coats.

I had a rummage in the charity shops and I just want to say that those not of a religious persuasion can look away now. I thought to myself that really I ought to be asking for help for little bear's coat, and I actually made a quick, silent prayer and then looked through the children's clothes. I actually found a bargain in a charity shop, incredibly rare for me. I found a beautiful denim jacket, fleece lined, Next (which is so expensive on ebay) for £2.50, a perfect fit for little bear, absolutely spot on for the autumn jacket I was looking for anyway and looking unworn. So I believe in giving credit where credit is due and I was definitely helped to find that.

I ended up getting a fleece off the market stall for me. I had been considering getting a new jacket for a while and I thought the £10 price tag for a warm roomy jacket was acceptable - but I hadn't wanted to pay £10 then.

I then dashed back up the hill and peeled potatoes and carrots and got everything ready for tea, then we went off to Flamingo Land.

No comments: