Tuesday 27 October 2009

Another milestone

Little bear threw a tantrum in a local newsagents on Friday. I was absolutely mortified, especially as the nice lady there is always saying how good little bear is.

To be fair we had just been to town, little bear was wearing a thick coat and a sweater (I didn't realise how hot he was until after he got home) and he was shattered. He lay on the floor, he carried on, he tried to pull magazines from the shelves... We left before I could buy anything, I was absolutely appalled.

However I now have an idea of why he was behaving like that - he woke up with a cough like a donkey, a really high temperature and (I think) a sore throat - he is refusing just about anything except juice and ice cream. So I think he was coming down with this, which does make his unusual behaviour more understandable.

And last night I had a bath after his bedtime routine (he refused his normal bed time bottle). When I came out he was asleep at the door with the jug of water I had been using to clean his bottom, obviously concerned that things were not as he should be. It was such a wonderful feeling carrying him back to bed and tucking him in. I wish I could frame it.

No comments: