Saturday 3 October 2009

Thank you Hester

In dithering haste, because if I don't do it soon I never will get it done and I am all of a tizz (normal state).

Hester very kindly nominated me for an award.

I am embarrassed to admit, I can't work out how to post the little picture so here is the link

http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=3774167904740351238

Now, what with holiday, darling father staying somewhat longer than planned, little bear having sickness and dire rear for the first time in about a year, but doing it with gusto, then passing it on to me and now dear heart is in bed...

Also I have been fretting. So I am doing what I can now, and I am going to tell you seven things about myself that you may not know. This is hard because I do rather wear my heart on my sleeve.

1. I have written a novel. It is seventy thousand words long and I have actually finished it. I am currently re-writing it, but any discreet enquiries from literary agents welcome. I have also started (quick count) four more, and have dozens more ideas...

2. I have nearly become a vicar's wife.

3. I went to Bobby Charlton's testimonial

4. Due to strange background I support England at soccer, Wales at Rugby, Liverpool FC for the men's soccer and Leeds Ladies for the ladies soccer.

5. I have written a paragraph that appears in Hansard. I was temping for a civil servant who was asked to provide a written answer. A fax came through needed a linking paragraph. No-one was in the office, so I drafted something as a starter (it was urgent). They kept it as is, and it ended up all official.

Only two more to think of

6. I have second sight. It is extremely intermittent and a bloody nuisance.

7. I am a member of the Green Party. Actually, I'm a bit like a drunk Methodist, I want to do the right thing, but I keep slipping.

I need to nominate others now. Hmm...

You see, it has to be someone who reads my blog, or they won't know, but I don't know whose been 'got'. I would have unhesitatingly recommended Hardup Hester - I love her Granny Weatherwax approach to life, but she's the one who nominated me.

I am going to have to have a think about this one. I am happy to recommend Savings Now - your turn! and I am having a think about another. I will update asap. That may not be very p.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I am thrilled that you have written a novel or three - your writing on this blog is extremely readable and I would LOVE a whole book!!! Wow - can't wait now - find an agent, quick!

Morgan
x