Saturday 3 October 2009

Two well spent months

I think Hester is going to wince at what I am going to write now.

Since the beginning of August there has been:

New washer; holiday; expensive party and birthday (had hair, nails and eyebrows done at a salon! Plus costume jewellery and present); and new computer.

It has just about wiped out our 'surface' savings.

Then there was the AA membership - ouch! The AA don't send out reminders either - they just take the money once a year, must remember to shop around properly next August.

The car passed it's MOT, and I sighed with relief.

I am putting together a Lakeland order. Primarily it is to get the cordial bottles, to make flavoured vodka for the people next door. Normally I trundle along cutting things out until I have the total just above the level for free postage. However this time I am struggling to get up to the free postage. This is a promising sign.

I wonder if I can get the bottles anywhere else? I shall check ebay (who is my friend).

Dear heart, as he saw another random package arrive, suggested that I try another wool challenge. I am not sure it would work at the moment. I think I am going to have to look for a different target.

1 comment:

Hard up Hester said...

No wincing from me Sybil, I love Lakeland & Ebay.