Wednesday 7 October 2009

Sheet!

I have a weakness for bedding - I would love to have cupboards and cupboards of the stuff. I often restrain myself but at the last count we had over fifty white pillowcases, in various states of decay and of various quality.

And I love bargains in bedding - buy one get one free in Argos (last tumble drier destroyed them), introductory 20% off (vast quantities from La Redoute but the quality was appalling). Then the 'slight seconds' fitted sheets from TK Maxx that have funny corners.

I did get some rather nice sheets from Scotts of Stowe, but their customer service was so bad I wouldn't recommend it even to Her Three Doors Down, and they were rather expensive. Actually very expensive.

Actually I was an idiot to pay that price. And it is all double sheets and no singles which are the sheets used for little bear, myself and darling father when he comes to stay.

I did buy a bundle of half a dozen single sheets from ebay (my friend) at a very reasonable price. In fact I think, accounting for postage, they came to about £2 each.

They were overpriced.

I must make a memo to myself. Sheets that cheap by the time they have been washed twice are too thin to use as toilet paper.

2 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

I love the title, lil.
I don't want to add to your addiction, but John Lewis bedding (seconds) are reasonable, available online & VG quality. Feel free to blame me if Dear heart gets squashed under an avalanche of bedding

Wannabe Sybil said...

La, la, la, la, I can't hear you....

... not looking, not looking, not looking...

Seriously, thanks for the heads up - I shall investigate. Love WS x