Monday 5 October 2009

Cough cough

The first doctors appointment for little bear is tomorrow. Sigh.

Almost exactly a fortnight ago, darling father was sitting at one end of our group as we watched the sealion display at Flamingoland. He tickled a little girl with little bear's pandy. The little girl was lumpy, blotchy and had little scratch mitts on, she looked around 18 months.

I hoped that the little girl had eczema rather than anything else, she did look unhappy and I was rather surprised that a mother would take a poorly little girl around a zoo, but if it was eczema then I could understand. Also I didn't feel up to little bear toughening up his immune system with anything new just now.

I also thought that darling father at 78 years old (!) should know better but there is never any point in saying anything. Chronological age and mental age are not necessarily the same. Darling father has the same carefree abandon as a teenager but without the hormones.

So little bear may have something or nothing. His cough kept me up last night. I am posting for sanity. He does not appear unduly spotty, but he is definitely a poorly little bear. He is throwing some amazing tantrums. After dear heart saw me manhandle little bear up the stairs, drag him bodily from under the bed, dissuade him (again!) from playing with the bathroom bin, fighting him to the changing mat, fighting to keep him on the changing mat and retreating exhausted downstairs he commented that he was glad that little bear didn't behave like that when he wasn't around. Then he ducked.

Also dear heart's system continues poorly.

I plan to take next week end off!

2 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

Hi Sybil
Oh the joys of motherhood, I hope little bear feels better soon. When my 4 had chickenpox they went down with it at about 10 day intervals, so we were itchy & spotty for almost 2 months.
Hugs Hester

Wannabe Sybil said...

Hester - how did you manage?

Little bear has intermittent spots but a good, solid cough. I'm just glad if he gets it out of the way early.

I hope you are doing okay. Love WSx