Wednesday 28 October 2009

What just happened?

Little bear is not a well little bear. Thus, like many toddlers who are not well, he is challenging boundaries more than usual. So far there has been war over a changed nappy, a high level negotiation to get him to eat yoghurt with a spoon and not his fingers and a certain amount of extra cuddles.

We were having a good cuddle - we had had a tickle, wiped a door down, now we were having a cuddle and little bear seemed to be almost drifting off sitting on me. Suddenly, without a shred of warning, he starting croaking 'upstairs, upstairs, upstairs...' He is better than he was yesterday, but he is still not well, and the croak, the tears and the urgency were awful. He then sat on the bottom step of the stairs supervising me packing up the cars to go upstairs. He wouldn't come away from the stairs and seemed terrified of the tv - I had to turn it off!

We had been watching cbeebies, pretty innocuous cbeebies. I can sincerely understand a child being appalled and terrified by in the night garden, tellytubbies, waybuloo or half a dozen other oddities but little bear seemed to be horrified by a man dressed as Jack from Jack and Jill.

I am hoping he will stay awake for another forty minutes so that I can get him ready for the drs without too much trouble, but I am not optimistic. And I have absolutely no idea, really, absolutely none!

I've just realised - Halloween, fancy dress, goodness only knows what else! I just hope he can manage!

2 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

I hope you all start to feel better soon.

Morgan said...

As I have said on my blog, we don't do hallowe'en, so we don't answer the door! If you think LB is going to be upset that night, I would do the same - get the curtains closed and snuggle in for the night with some good books and just ignore the doorbell - particularly as you are all feeling rough. I do hope that you all feel better soon, though we found it drags on a bit! Take care of yourself, too.

Morgan
x