Thursday 15 October 2009

Painful bottom

I find that writing things down helps to fix them in my mind.

Little bear has dreadful nappy rash sometimes. It is really bad, he cries and struggles and finds it all very traumatic. At the moment he is healing up nicely (and I think a lower back molar has just broken through the gum - teeth and rash are normally linked).

He gets changed when he wakes up, usually at least twice in the morning/lunchtime, usually a minimum of once in the afternoon (depending on naps) and before he sleeps. I am always very thorough when cleaning.

I am going to try and cut down on the juice he drinks and get more water and milk in him. I had been pushing juice to help absorption of iron but I will see how he goes with a less acid liquid intake. I am not reducing his fruit but upping his proportion of bananas. I am shifting from wipes to cotton wool and water. Next outbreak I will take him to the doctors.

Poor little mite - problems with his bottom recorded online for posterity.

No comments: