Thursday 8 October 2009

More Sheet

On ebay, who may be my friend but sometimes leads me astray, I had a look (just out of curiosity, not with any intention, honest!) for single sheets.

Someone was selling a bundle of forty single sheets. It was a very reasonable price...

I didn't buy it. But I did look at some of the other entries.

Thank you, Hester, I have looked at the John Lewis main site and even the non seconds are actually a very reasonable price considering the wear I am likely to get out of them. I may also check out Marks and Spencers. Just checking it out, you understand, as there is absolutely no urgency to get more sheets, we have plenty, we really do not need any more, absolutely no more are needed, and no more pillowcases and definitely no more duvet covers. Honest. Nor blankets - not a one. None. Absolutely none.

I may purchase some pillows for dear heart, his are distinctly pancake shaped. My tactic with those is buy very cheap at Matalan and discard six months later. I wonder if it is worth getting a slightly better quality...

No, that way lies madness. Also I have tried washing pillows and have had very indifferent results. So odd corners of the house are filled with lumpy, mis-shapen pillows that 'may come in useful one day, I am sure there is a use for them.'

2 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

No, don't buy expensive pillows, been there done that got the tea shirt & still had to throw them away after a few months. This was, of course back when I was married to the ex, money was no objact when it came to his comfort, lol.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Hester - I have just found out I can get pillows delivered with my groceries at a very reasonable cost from Mr S.

Their single white non iron sheets are £5.99. Fortunately they were out of stock. I intend to stop obsessing about the dratted things for a while.

Mind you, the sheet on my bed last night will be saved for sandpaper - bobbled doesn't do it justice. WS x