Friday 5 February 2010

Being a mum

There are times when I feel a complete failure.

Today is one of them. Little bear is coming out of the conjunctivitis, the eye is almost completely clear. However he is still tired and 'fussy'. He needs a nap. Normally I would ruthlessly pack him off to play quietly in his room and wind down for a nap. However it is bitterly cold in there without the central heating, I can put a heater in there before hand to warm it up, but it doesn't stay very warm and I can't leave a heater with him.

I am sitting in the other room, freezing, and browsing things I am not really interested in because if I am with him then he is more likely to stay awake. I can hear him fighting sleep. On the other hand, I just rescued the phone from him.

I feel so low, that I can't get my little one to nap. Especially as he needs it, and I am sitting here shivering with only a marginal chance of him getting the sleep he desperately needs.

No comments: