Monday 8 February 2010

My weaknesses displayed

I really need to stop trying to chat to the current parcel delivery man. It just seems to baffle him.

He normally calls extremely early, often half way through a nappy, So I shouted happily, 'there's someone at the door, there's someone at the door.' and charge downstairs, open up doors and see him hiding under the peak of his cap. I am not sure what he expects me to do.

This was forcibly brought home this morning as he almost fled as I commented on the wrapping of the latest parcel. Poor man. I had bought some unnecessary yarn. It is completely unnecessary, and a moment of madness, from ebay, of course. Well, it arrived in immaculate condition, exactly as described and the poor parcel man could see exactly what I had bought, because it wasn't wrapped. It was ten balls of yarn, in their plastic bag, with no other covering. Not a sausage! One label had the address and another had the postage.

I am not complaining so much, however, as the poor seller actually lost money on the postage, and it was very inexpensive to start with. And part of me rejoices that the packaging was only the minimal. It is so frustrating to throw out/recycle layer after layer of packing. So I left glowing feedback.

Must remember not to talk to the parcel man.

No comments: