Wednesday 3 February 2010

Spending is winning

As has been mentioned, little bear has snotty eyes, and is not happy about ANYTHING and it is NOT FAIR. Lack of sleep is showing (in me as well lol) and he is not sure what to do with himself.

Last night we managed to coax yoghurt into him. It was the eve before the weekly grocery delivery so I popped on and added...

yoghurt, bottled milkshake that he likes, calpol vapourisers (already have olbas oil in water on fire), baby nurofen...

Doubled the grocery total. Now, it was hovering around the £35 mark, and I was quite pleased, but the new total is disastrous.

I am going to keep the running total, and if I go into a minus this week then it is more reason to be meticulous next week. If I have a positive figure on 1 April then I will still get the dvd.

I am also tempted to get something for little bear from ebay. He has been really good in very trying circumstances. I will speak with dear heart about that - see if it is worth getting him a reward for being so brave. There is a function on ebay that gives activity for the last sixty days - when that is zero then I can get the storm kettle. However, I find myself bobbing on to ebay for all sorts, it is so useful. So I may set myself lesser targets.

3 comments:

Ian said...

I have nice things for Little Bear to bring over remember. Although thanks to the bad weather and contagion, goodness only knows when that'll be! I had conjunctivitis when I was a kid and it is bewildering.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Hi bro

Little bear is so covered with presents, but he is being pretty brave, especially about the drops. I hope you are doing okay? Lots of hugs! And darling father and darling uncle are also trying to contribute skiploads! WS x

Ian said...

I can foresee the point where we're going to have to fill in a customs declaration, with a checkpoint at the front door where we'll be frisked for presents for LB! LOL! I have restrained myself to a couple of books, some DVDs, a cuddly toy and a piggy bank. (This sounds like the Generation Game!)

Am ok ta, by the way! It's trying to snow here. Hugs back! x