Friday 5 February 2010

Not old style, and not money saving

Some time ago I ventured £1.50 on a set from Matalan which was a plastic loo brush to use only when necessary (normally use the toilet duck thingy), two plastic beakers (v useful for toothbrushes etc) and a plastic liquid soap dispenser. I had planned to put some diluted basics shower gel in there, but I was using up a stock of liquid hand wash.

Little bear, being a little poorly and fussy, has been causing havoc in the bathroom (well, everywhere really) and I thought I could put some of my unwanted shower gel present from Christmas into the bottle with some water and make it little bear's special soap.

Making sure he was watching I got the (rather nice, quite expensive actually) shower gel ready and tugged to get the clip off. The whole thing shattered in my hand. One minute an inexpensive liquid soap dispenser, the next a handful of pieces of plastic. Little bear helpfully suggested 'glue, tape' but I had to explain that this was really broken and had to go in the bin.

Darn.

And Lakeland sell a stainless steel liquid soap dispenser that dispenses frothy foam if filled with diluted liquid soap. This is considerably more than the plastic one as it costs £12.99 but is so desirable.

Darn

I can hang on and use the emptied container when I have finished one of my current liquid soaps, on offer locally very reasonably, but now I can hear that stainless steel hand soap dispenser calling to me.

Darn Darn Darn.

I may make the dispenser a reward for hitting a target, but I need to set the target hard enough.

No comments: