Saturday 6 February 2010

Waiting for the heating

Sue - I am slightly reassured that it is a while before the direct heating can make it, as it means that they are good enough to be busy. They seem very business like as well.

If little bear was not poorly it would not be a problem. However, we all are, so little bear can't play in his room as easily and has not got out to burn off energy nor gone to nursery. I think I am poor company for him, especially as my throat hurts to read him a story. However now little bear is feeling a lot better, and in a warm sweater and with a heater on the landing, he is causing havoc upstairs and giving myself and dear heart a much needed break. Over the intercom it sounds like he has an electric saw going, and I have never managed to pin this down. I do worry sometimes.

Dear heart's boss kindly lent us an oil filled radiator. Dear heart set it up, but he is not feeling v well, and I have just gone over and turned it up from 'frost free' setting. It is now making noises like a chip pan ready for chips - and I set my last chip pan on fire!!! Perhaps I should turn it back down.

No comments: