Friday 26 February 2010

Not more trouble

The DVLA van is cruising up and down our street. Our car is boringly taxed and MOT'd just as it ought to be, but Nice Mr Next Door has sometimes cars that he is getting ready for MOT etc. Also cars that really ought to be taxed etc but are not yet. I don't really understand anything except that we have to pay out tax and MOT next May, I think, and it will be hopefully only a small chunk.

Also as this is a private road I am not sure of what is and is not appropriate.

I know last time several cars were removed after calls INSISTING the the DVLA come to our street. The calls were threatening all sorts if the DVLA did not come and seize cars. It is all very depressing. I am sure I will hear more later. I could name hearsay names, but for now I shall keep quiet.

On another depressing note, That Landlord is fixing up the house behind us. In a rather haphazard way, but he is 'doing things'. I worry because that means that darling father's room will be against their kitchen and affected by noise. I used to be able to hear the teaspoons in their cups when all else quietened down around midnight.

Of course, That Landlord is known for starting things and not finishing them off, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the house remains empty. If it was a decent landlord I would be less fretful, as I think there is nothing wrong with people trying to make a living. He just doesn't do repairs. Also the back of his pub is still half built as apparently he filed one set of plans to planning permission, gave a different set of plans to builders (who he then didn't pay) and eventually was working on a third set of plans that rather cocked a snook at the planning permission.

I do like popping next door for a nice cup of gossip.

No comments: