Saturday 17 April 2010

The importance of hats

The glorious weather outside is making me consider a sunhat for myself. There are two problems. The first problem is that the summer weather is far from predictable and it will probably rain all summer, again.

If it does shine then I really could do with a hat. I have thin hair, I am very fair skinned and I normally completely shun the sun, so burning is potentially a big problem.

The second problem is I am currently drawn to the sort of hats that remind me of Margo from the Good Life. I am not sure that this is a good thing. I am not like Margo. I am not even like Barbara. I think I am more like Daisy from Keeping up Appearances (but dear heart is nothing like Ounslow, he is gorgeous).

I think I shall save my money and see what June brings.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

I'm hoping June brings a need for a hat, myself. Laughing at the thought of Daisy - I can identify with her, too!!!

Hard up Hester said...

I look like a mushroom when I wear a hat, when my DD2 got married, DD1 bought me a fascinator, it looked much better than any hat I'd tried on. It might be worth you trying one on, unless you need a black one in which case I can send you mine.

Hard up Hester said...

P.S. I'm probably shaped more like Onslow & Daisy put together