Sunday 25 April 2010

Uneasy about the neighbours

Just in general, I am getting a little uncomfortable about the atmosphere in the street.

Her Three Doors Down (the one who has a dislocated knee after picking on someone half her size) is staying indoors. Her car is being kept elsewhere. There are abusive and racist messages scrawled on her fence. This is something to do with her playing with someone's husband (so I have been told) and the wife finding out. And the wife apparently has decided not to try and keep the moral high ground.

Now, I really do not like the woman, and some of the things she has said to me, well, if I say even half of it I would be repeating actionable slander/complicit in criminal activity/inciting a breach of the peace. Actually, that is not any exaggeration. The things she has said!!!

BUT I feel uncomfortable. All the things she is suffering from (if the gossip I have heard is true and it may not be) are things that she has brought on herself and I have witnessed her temperament which will always get her into trouble, but...

There is a lynch mob atmosphere. I am trying to be very good and stay out of the gossip which is desperately hard for me, but I don't want to say the wrong thing.

Hopefully things will get better in the sunny weather, but it uneasy at the moment.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

We unfortunately have a family in our street which can make life a little uncomfortable at times. We all do our best to ignore their doings, but I do agree that getting involved in gossip is always tricky!

I am hoping that you are all beginning to feel a little better and had a restful weekend, as far as that is possible with one as energetic as Little Bear!!