Tuesday 27 April 2010

Some doctors are BRILLIANT

I don't want to identify the dr we saw today, but Dr S is marvellous. He read the riot act to dear heart yesterday - he should have seen the dr sooner. To be fair to dear heart he did get quite bad quite quickly.

Today Dr S saw both myself and little bear. He obviously wouldn't discuss the ins and outs of dear heart's case with me, but he was marvellous with little bear, really patient.

And he gave him banana flavoured medsin. After all the screaming, hysterical struggles that we had with the last lot, Dr S patiently explained to little bear that he needed medsin to get better, and he prescribed something that would not taste so foul, and gave the prescription to little bear to look after. I just wanted to hug him. Little bear took his night time medsin like a lamb, and was just so good.

So, dear heart has proto pneumonia. Little bear has a serious cough. I have a cough that could become proto pneumonia... We should have had a family ticket with him.

2 comments:

Witch Hazel said...

Sorry to hear you're all so unwell Sybil.

Hope you get better soon.

And I noticed that you tagged your post as "Hypoochondria"...it doesn't sound like you're imagining it to me.

<> xxx

Sue @ Smiffy's Blog said...

Oh dear, I do hope you all start to get better soon. You've not had the best year so far in regards to health have you. Sue x