Tuesday 11 September 2012

Autumn Cleaning

I don't know why, but I always feel sluggish in Spring and energised in Autumn, and it is now Autumn weather.  So I have started to get a bit keener to clean.  It has taken me a little by surprise, but it is a pleasant surprise.  I have just brushed down my kitchen stairs for the first time since I can remember, as it is a job I hate because of the plaster falling off the walls (yes, honestly, it's a long story).

It may be that I can imagine actually decorating with actual paint and paper.  This has made me feel giddy all over.  However I have a long way to go before I do that. 

I have neglected so many corners (and main bits!) of the house, it needs such a catch up.  And I am bitterly aware that every time I start a new phase of cleaning something dreadful happens.  But I actually feel optimistic! 

I have decided to write up the housework as a job description, just like the ones I used to have back in long ago days, and put in a timetable to try and always remember to keep cleaning.  Stairs are Tuesdays and Fridays.  It's a start, anyway. 

This weekend is a huge clear out of little bear's room.  With that and the huge clear out we did behind the television, I think it may have kick started something.  I shall see how this goes.

No comments: