Monday 17 September 2012

Not just a mistake

I made a mistake because I bought little bear's school trousers at M&S.  I should have gone to Asda who were really good all last year.  And regardless of the issues of actually keeping little bear's trousers up even though he is not that much of a slim jim, the trousers have certainly not spent all the time dragging on the floor, nor, in the one time he has worn this particular pair, did he spend several hours sandpapering the hems.  They still have gaping holes in them.

If a pair of school trousers, sold as hardwearing school trousers for five to six year olds, are worn once, I can expect a bit of a scuff and I certainly do not expect them to be without a hint of wear.  Little bear is an active lad and a determined one.  However all through last year he never managed to get holes in the hems of his trousers.  They even have worked so far up that I can't turn them up without them becoming shorts!  Okay that is a slight exaggeration, they wouldn't be very short shorts, but they would certainly not be full length trousers.

He has also lost his shoes.  I suspect they may be in darling father's room.  I lack the will to go and look.  Little bear went to school in last term's shoes (which, I hasten to add still fit).

His shirts are still okay, though, so fingers crossed that at least part of his school kit works. 

No comments: