Wednesday 5 September 2012

Bitten off a bit too much

It's blanket washing weather - and I have a huge blanket to wash.  Darling uncle bought it for little bear, it is sort of mega-emperor size, this vast expanse of fluffy fleece in two layers, bound only at the edges, with a tiger printed on it.  I have had it for a while and haven't washed it.  I am incredibly slack with all sorts of household stuff, but I do like to wash things.

The monster being too big for the washing machine (and touch and go if I could find a launderette), I thought I would give it a quick rinse off in the bath as it wasn't actually dirty, just dusty and had been wrapped around people for some time, and put it on the line. 

I washed without much problem, I rinsed it and it rinsed relatively easily although the blanket and a very small amount of swish room in the water filled the bath, and then I pulled the plug and left it to drain.  After an hour I popped back in to drag the drained monster out to put on the line. 

It is still waterlogged for about a third of it, and too heavy for me to lift.  I think I may have done something interesting but not immediately apparent to my back.  And OH has said that he would really like a bath tonight, he could do with a soothing soak.  At the moment he would be sharing his soothing soak with acres of fabric tiger, except I don't think there is enough room for both of them in there. 

I've hoicked about a tenth out of the bath and over the side, sort of scrunched as all sides of the blanket are longer than the bath, and I am hoping it will dry quite quickly and I can then make the space for OH to have a nice bath.  Or at least I hope enough water will have drained from it so I can put the dratted thing on the line!

No comments: