Monday 24 September 2012

Evil cat is accidentally evil

For once I can't blame evil cat for this. 

I wasn't sleeping very well - I am having a lot of trouble breathing - and was sort of dozing and tossing and turning but gradually slipping further down into a lovely slumber when I realised - I hadn't seen evil cat since tea time.  In fact I had been knitting and she hadn't tried to stop me! 

Then I started wondering, when had the outside door last been open and had we seen her since?  I thought and the door had last been opened just before tea time and I definitely hadn't seen her since.  Evil cat hadn't even been begging for the ham from darling father. 

Suddenly at 1am I was wide awake and worried.  Cats notoriously skulk off if they are feeling under the weather, and evil cat had had a confrontation with the ginger gentleman earlier in the day.  It was nothing much.  She had been 'playing out' and I had glanced out of the window to see the ginger tom approaching and shot out to chase him off.  I think it upset her, though, as she came straight in, hissing as she pattered down the steps to the kitchen.  But what if he had walloped her before I saw him?  What if the shock to her had caused her dicky heart to have problems?  What if she had decided when the door was last open that she was going to hunt the ginger gentleman down and have a return match, the more likely of the scenarios?  And the rain was lashing down outside. 

So I started searching the house in a real state of alarm.  Of course evil cat was inside - fast asleep and very comfortable thank you on a pile of clean washing.  She gave me a 'you are up at this time of night because?' sort of look and then tucked her nose under her tail and went back to sleep. 

Lucky her.  By this time I was wide awake and frozen and it took me hours to get back to sleep.  I am now officially exhausted.  But really happy that evil cat is safe.

No comments: