Thursday 27 September 2012

Normal Morning

Due to a combination of circumstances OH witnessed the end of little bear's normal morning routine including the Bathroom Battle and the Getting Dressed Dance.  Little bear is happy, energetic and enjoying being nearly six.  Getting a shirt on him is not necessarily a quiet job.  He's not grumpy about it, just relentless. 

I don't think OH had believed me until today.  He just looked at me and said, 'Every morning?'  Normally he leaves well before the, 'but I'm just doing this!' stage of getting him ready. 

Then we both took little bear to school, to little bear's delight.  As we speak he is happening to the teacher.  And I will pick him up and he will be fine and then the negotiations about homework and piano practice will start.  OH hasn't really witnessed them yet.  I must make that opportunity for him!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I understand completely. The girls leave for school at 7.50am, the FH gets up at about 9am....he hears none of the "where's my..." demands, the "can't find a hairbrush" wails, and has no impact on the making of the lunches!

Wannabe Sybil said...

And you have two! That is more than twice the havoc, although at least they can dress themselves. OH may take some time to recover lol! WS xxx