Friday 21 September 2012

Little bear goes to the dentist

I very reluctantly took little bear out of school to the dentist.  I had been hoping to take him to the dentist at half term, but he had been complaining about it hurting to eat hard things, so off we went.

On the one hand his teeth are doing okay so the long battles to stop him eating the toothpaste and actually brush with it were worth it.  On the other hand he has something of a crossbite (no idea, really) and hopefully that will be sorted when his adult teeth come through.  I need to watch him and avoid him eating things that are very hard.  All went well.

Of course, being little bear he charmed the dentist and his assistant.  He can come again as far as they are concerned, he was, according to them, so cute.  Sigh.  Poor little bear was so tired he nearly fell asleep on the bus to the dentist.  And when he is that tired he can look so angelic.  He had even sat still during the thirty minute wait due to the emergency, which was a bit of a miracle.  The dental assistant even asked if he had a girlfriend.  And yes, little bear is spoken for.  He explained everything. 

Sometimes, when I take him somewhere or do something with him, and he has charmed everyone within reach, I really, really, really realise how lucky I am.   I am really blessed by him, and I think I need to go and cuddle him to remind myself. 

No comments: