Wednesday 12 September 2012

Being contrary

I am too contrary for my own good.  I swear I got it from evil cat, although I can see a few signs in little bear and I am trying to nip that in the bud.  If someone tells me that I absolutely must do something it's the best way to stop me even considering it.  I can make a mule look dithery.  It is not an attractive trait, and it is not one I like in myself and though I am trying to work around it, sometimes it sneaks up on me and I get caught out before I realise. 

It is also having a few side effects that I didn't expect.  Today I was going to definitely, absolutely, 100% guaranteed clear behind the fridge.  Definitely.  No question.  It is overdue, it needs to be done and I want to do it.  Which is why the wheelie bin is full of bleach, soaking, and I have started on the awfulness that is under the kitchen table.  It's not just displacement.  If I had decided to tackle all the junk that has been hiding under the kitchen table for far too long I would even now be dusting the bars at the back of the fridge (and saving money as I did it!).

(And I had decided that I was only going to post once per day, as then I would have something to talk about.  Which is obviously why I am posting this at 11am.)

No comments: