Thursday 27 September 2012

Need to get a bit more together

I had a 'how much!' moment today. 

I was feeling a lot better so staggered out to get birthday presents for little bear's friend, a little girl of the same age.  I am not a pink sort of person, I am not a Disney princess sort of person, and I am completely baffled by the Disney Pink Princess thing.  Little bear's friend loves them..  So no matter my taste, I got something appropriate that was not inexpensive but I could grit my teeth and get over it. 

Normally I always shop at the local newsagents for cards.  They have a great selection and are extremely reasonably priced.  For once, though, I thought I would get a special card because it was little bear's friend and important to him (and it was also very important to him to delegate the card and present choosing to me, showing that he does learn from the men in the family).

So I looked for the pink princess type cards and picked one more or less at random, and headed for the till.  I forgot I wasn't in my lovely local newsagents, and that I was in Clintons who do 'occasions' and didn't look for the price as my lovely newsagent is very reasonable.  Clintons, however, charge £3.29 for this birthday card!  I nearly passed out! 

And the thing that annoys me most - I paid it.  I can't believe I didn't just say, 'I'm sorry, that's too much, I'll get another one.'  I went and paid it. 

I need to work on that. 

No comments: