Friday 21 September 2012

Freezer drawer stuck

I shouldn't have even had to go in the freezer if the herring sold to me as 'bone-free' weren't full of bones.  It is probably impossible to have bone-free herring but these would have been like trying to suck up a hedgehog.  Who allegedly wouldn't have been bothered. 

It was a disaster from start to finish, the chard was limp, the orange cauliflower was going black and the potatoes that we did have tasted suspect.  And, and, the dratted meatballs that I managed to prize out of the freezer were either lukewarm or burnt. 

And, and, getting out the meatballs that darling father got when I knew the freezer was stuffed has done something interesting to the drawer in the upright freezer.  I spent ten minutes not able to get the dratted thing either in or out, not able to either get out something for tea (that drawer contains protein component for tea) nor shut the freezer door to stop the thing defrosting, together with all the stuff that is currently in there.  I was honestly crying. 

So I am going to have to try and use everything in the freezer that isn't in that dratted drawer which may as well be padlocked for all the give in it, then try defrosting the freezer (basics nappies are great for mopping up floods).  But before I even start on that I need to do the bacon joint tomorrow (soup, cold, cold, hash) before that goes off.  Then I can start attacking the freezer contents. 

And breath. 

2 comments:

Morgan said...

And breathe indeed! I have had a challenging email from my sister this evening and I am having to relax and let it go, because it is just not worth getting myself worked up about.

Let's both relax!!!!!

Wannabe Sybil said...

I am more or less relaxed now - though if there had been a sledge hammer handy earlier I wouldn't have answered for my actions. Lots of hugs for you, hope all is well, as you deserve some breaks! WS xxx