Wednesday 3 July 2013

A Shopping Opportunity

I'm trying not to spend.  I have been avoiding the 'spend £80 and get 160 nectar points' deals and keeping the spend low.  I have not fallen for the 'buy a new martial art suit and get 10% off' as bear is not ready for a new suit.  I have seen a vacuum cleaner I would love but I have decided to ask for money for Christmas and see if I can scrape the rest together once Christmas is done.

If we want to go to the Doctor Who experience in October then it will be @£300 for train fares and @£400 for accommodation as far as I have found out, for four of us.  That is, go down Tuesday with a long journey, go to the Experience on Wednesday, go home Thursday.  Then there will be food, entrance fees and, to be honest, spends.  It will really be a big deal for bear and DH so they should have a chance to spend some money on the merchandise.

There is also the huge, yawning stretch of 42 days summer holiday which is likely to be a challenge.  During this I hope to move into a bed.  This is something I am quite desperate to do now, but will involve buying a mattress as the old one had black mould in.  I will be researching this, but starting my search at IKEA.

However I have seen a slight glimmer of recreational shopping - I need to get new curtains. The top two bedrooms will need curtains as they are almost certainly full of black mould spores.  I should add that the curtains in DH's room are around 19 years old and the ones in the junk room are a good deal older.  I made the curtains for one room for @ £10 and the other one was given.  However I thought that for once I could buy some ready made curtains and just put them up, and perhaps find some nice ones.  I have just measured up the junk room window.

What sort of )*(*(*&^&% window has a 58 inch drop?  Seriously, not a single window in this (^%&&$@@ house is standard.  I don't even think the doors are standard.  If I want something decent that I can afford I am going to have to sit down and "$£%"$^ sew the things.  And as I am scared of sewing machines I am looking at long evenings with needle, thread and a good dvd.  Actually that's the good bit, I sewed a lot of curtains by hand in the past and found it relaxing.  They won't be lined, but they will at least be inexpensive and will fit.  And I'll really enjoy making them.  There is always a bright side.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.