Wednesday 24 July 2013

Trying to Relax

Bear has sunburned shoulders.  I am letting that wash over me.  It is the first sunburn he has ever had and at six I think I'm doing okay.

And actually there is marginally less mess now than there was at the start of the day - not sure how that happened, but it is all good.  So that's less to worry about.

I am now about to abandon bear to his computer.  He has had a long play out today, before his playmates got grounded, so I am not sweating that either.  Instead I am off to make dinner in good time for DH coming home.

Darling uncle is sounding much better.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

There is a lot to be said for "good enough" parenting. It is good enough that he had a good long outdoor play. It is good enough that he hasn't had sunburn before now. It is good enough that he gets computer time so you get time off! I try to aim for "good enough". At least I stand a chance of hitting it! Lesley x

Wannabe Sybil said...

At the moment I am going for 'not that bad'. The sunburn has almost faded already. I can live with myself. And I am convinced you are a lovely mum WS xxx

ravylesley said...

Wow thats confusing that there are two Lesleys that reply to your comments and for one moment I actually wondered if I had written the above comment lol

another Lesley xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

I appreciate you all! WS xxx